Our first "show" was held in the Bull and Lion pub in 1940 as a means of raising funds for the supply of "comforts for the troops". A previous President Frank Moore, could recall receiving a balaclava and a pair of gloves from the PHS during the cold winter in France that year.
By 1942, a show committee was formed and ever since then, the show has been an annual event in the village. it has provided village parties, parcels for older people, supporting good causes and raising funds for a new Memorial in the village.
After the war, more and more exhibits were proudly shown so when the new Memorial Hall was opened in 1957, it became the venue for all the subsequent annual shows.
Over the years, the proceeds from the show have supported many different local causes, groups and charities and hope to continue doing so in the future..
With this year seeing the 75th "official" anniversary, we hope to raise our biggest amount yet and donate all proceeds to a very fitting charity - Help For Heroes.